Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Gugle Family

Three years ago Labor Day, Matt and I were sitting in the hallway outside Riley Hospital's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, absolutely crushed.  Our oldest son, Trenton was recovering from his second open-heart surgery and had taken a turn for the worse, to put it lightly.  We'd basically been told to wait outside while the doctors and nurses worked on trying to save him.  I can undoubtedly say that was one of the worst moments Matt and I have ever had to endure in our lives.   I am sure it was clear to anyone passing by that things were not going well, but one brave soul approached us and simply asked if she could pray with us.  Since neither Matt or I had the words, we were so thankful for this complete stranger who somehow knew exactly what we needed to pray!   We later learned that her name was Jen, and her daughter Kathryn was also in the PICU after having surgery on her heart.  It's amazing how God just puts the right people in the right place at the right time.  And what a bonding moment for all of us!  Of course, those of you who know Trenton already know that he quickly recovered from that horrible  couple of hours he was having, thanks to the Lord placing some amazing doctors and one nurse that literally stayed longer and worked harder than anyone else (We love you, Sheila!).  It was a night we will never forget, and we formed a friendship with Jen and her husband Andy that started on a level that hopefully none of you readers would ever have to understand!   So you won't be surprised that I have Trenton and Kathryn already married off in 20 years!  Ha ha.  Sadly, we've only ever seen and visited each other when one of our kids were in the hospital.  So it was time for us to hang out in the real world!  ;)  And what better place than the IMA for some fun pictures (Don't worry, we got together again a couple days later for some non-picture-taking fun!)!!  It was so much fun to spend time with the Gugles, and so great to see Kathryn running around and doing so well!  Here are some of my favorites.


Andy, Jen, Jack, Josh, and Kathryn  :)







































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know I was touched by your story. as a believer in Christ, I know that God really does answer prayers! I love your photography! I am pursuing a career in photography as well. I have only just begun and can't wait to start! It is my passion and I hope God can use my art to bless people! ~Cassie